It has been already 2 years since I started putting together Follow Your Heart. This has led me to invest hours exploring the web researching and learning; which means that I found a lot of content that is not only inspirational but also informational. Each time I found a new website, I made sure to bookmark it and take notes on how could it be useful in the future.
I have decided to go through my database and share with you those that will for sure help you bring forward any project that you decide to embark on. I recommend you to bookmark this post so you can come back to it as I continue to update it. At the same time, since a lot of work has gone into this post, it’s important for me to know what your thoughts are, make sure to share them below.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 1″]
INSPIRATIONAL & MOTIVATIONAL
- Empathy Library: A whole library dedicated to items that further promote empathy!
- Big Think: Sharing ideas from fields outside your own so that you can apply them to the questions and challenges in your own life.
- 99u: Action-oriented insights that you didn’t get in school, highlighting real-world best practices for making ideas happen.
- Pick the brain: A website dedicated to self-improvement with a focus on personal productivity, motivation, and self-education.
- TEDx: TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks.
- Humans of New York: Inspiring, daily glimpses into the lives of strangers in New York City.
- Brain Pickings: A lens on what matters in the world and how to live and what it means to lead a good life.
- The Fun Theory: Showing how easily human behavior can be shaped through gamification.
- The Book of Life: An ever-evolving online book about the most substantial things in your life.
- Up Worthy: sharing stories, information, videos, graphics, and ideas that reward you.
- HooplaHa: A site dedicated to making people smile as much as possible.
- Momentum: It’s a personal dashboard designed to eliminate distraction and provide inspiration, focus, and productivity.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 2″]
LEARNING & TEACHING
- The DO School: Training individuals on how to turn ideas into action through a rigorous method, real-life application, and a blended approach that creates a global network of DOers.
- Teach Box: 5 minutes of lessons and quick tests to turn you into a master in any field in no time.
- Coursera: It provides universal access to the world’s best education, partnering with top universities and organizations to offer courses for anyone to take, for free.
- EDx: It offers interactive online classes and MOOCs from the world’s best universities, colleges, and organizations.
- Kahn Academy: Providing free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
- Udacity: Bringing accessible, affordable, engaging, and highly effective higher education to the world.
- Udemy: Helping anyone learn anything.
- Code Academy: Teaching the world how to code.
- SkillShare: It’s a learning community for creators.
- Lynda: Learn technology, creative and business skills you can use today.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 3″]
- Be My Eyes: Get connected with a blind person and help them when they need assistance.
- Donate Rice: For each answer you get right, they donate 10 grains of rice through the World Food Programme to help end hunger.
- Go Fucking Do It: Did you or a friend committed to a goal? Challenge them to stick with it by raising the stakes.
- Donate Water: An app that challenges you to put down your phone and help save children’s lives.
- Collaborative Action Toolkit: Enabling groups of people to unite and create lasting change.
- Wellbeing Quiz: An ongoing self-discovery experience.
- Root Cause: Practical, user-friendly knowledge from self-assessments to original social issue research and organizational reports on what works.
- Taking IT Global: Empowers youth to understand and act on the world’s greatest challenges.
- Design Thinking For Educators Toolkit: Design Thinking process overview, methods, and instructions that help you put Design Thinking into action.
- Global Changemakers: It aims to empower youth to catalyze social change.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 4″]
- Be Limitless: It’s a Chrome plugin that lets you set goals and track time right when you open a new tab.
- Workflowy: List-making tool perfect for scheduling your weekly, daily, or project tasks.
- Evernote: Forget about the paper. Stay organized by writing down all your notes in one convenient place.
- Draw.io: Is a free online diagram software for making flow charts, process diagrams, org charts, UML, ER, and network diagrams.
- Wunderlist: helps you tick off all your personal and professional to-dos.
- Toggl: Track how much time you spend on your tasks.
- Yanado: Manage your work without leaving your Gmail.
- Pomodoro Technique: Learn how to schedule your time in blocks of 25 mins.
- Rescue Time: It helps you understand your daily habits so you can focus and be more productive.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 5″]
COLLABORATION / PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Podio: Manage, share, and get your work done smarter together with tools that work like you.
- Trello: It’s a free, flexible, and visual way to organize anything with anyone.
- Taskulu: Next-generation role-based project management platform.
- Asana: Helps you keep your team organized, connected, and focused on results.
- Basecamp: It helps you wrangle people with different roles, responsibilities, and objectives toward a common goal.
- Any Do: It helps you achieve anything by syncing your personal tasks, work projects, and shared lists so you have a clear path moving forward.
- Doodle: The scheduling tool you’ll actually use.
- Google Drive: Get access to files anywhere through secure cloud storage and file backup for your photos, videos, files, and more.
- Dropbox: Keeps your files safe, synced, and easy to share.
- We Transfer: The easiest way to send files up to 2 GB for free.
- Box: Access, manage and share your files securely from anywhere. Up to 10 GB for free.
- Slack: It’s a platform for team communication: everything in one place, instantly searchable.
- Google Hangouts: Bring your conversations to life with photos, emoji, and even group video call for free.
- Skype: Call, message, and share whatever you want for free.
- Viber: Free calls, text, and picture sharing with anyone, anywhere!
- Webex: Cisco systems the global leader in web and video conferencing. Free for up to 3 people.
- Rocket Board: Share your whiteboard work in real-time.
- Mind Meister: Collaborative mind mapping.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 6″]
- Freepik: Graphic resources for everyone.
- Site Builder Report: Search 21 high-quality, free stock photo websites in one place.
- Pixabay: Free high-quality images you can use anywhere.
- Pexels: Best free stock photos in one place.
- Jay Mantri: Free awesome photography.
- All The Free Stock: Get all the Free Stock Images, Videos, and Icons in one location.
- Splash Base: Search & discover free, hi-res photos & videos
- Designers Pics: Free Hi-Res photos for your personal & commercial use. No attribution required.
- Flickr: Almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world.
- ISO Republic: Provides high-quality, free photos for creatives.
- The Stocks: The best royalty-free stock photos in one place.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 7″]
WEBSITE / APP CREATION & BLOGGING
- Weebly: A surprisingly easy way to create a unique website, blog, or online store.
- Wix: Create stunning websites for free.
- WordPress: Is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog.
- Blogger: Free weblog publishing tool from Google, for sharing text, photos, and video.
- Hub Pages: It’s your online space to share your advice, reviews, useful tips, opinions, and insights with hundreds of other authors.
- Lead Pages: It’s the world’s easiest landing page generator.
- Medium: It connects people, stories, and ideas that matter to you.
- Strikingly: Gorgeous, mobile-friendly websites in minutes.
- Bootstrap: It’s the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile-first projects on the web.
- Bootswatch: Free themes for Bootstrap.
- Shopify: Ecommerce made simple, set your store in just a few clicks.
- Como: Create your own mobile app.
- Find your Web Host: Here is a comparison of the Web hosts out there to help you make a decision.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 8″]
FOCUS & CONCENTRATION
- Coffitivity: Boost your creativity with background noises from coffee shops and more.
- Noiz: It’s an ambient sound equalizer.
- Defonic: Combine the sounds of the world into a melody.
- Hipster Sound: Background noise of coffee houses from around the world.
- Tunein: Internet radio from everywhere in the world. It even includes local stations!
- Spotify: Search by mood and find many playlists designed to improve your concentration.
- Website Blocker: A free Mac application to help you avoid distracting websites.
- Stay Focused: Amazing time tracker helps you stay focused on your work and study.
- Pocket: Don’t get distracted, use Pocket to mark interesting websites for later reading.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 9″]
DESIGN / VIDEO / ANIMATION
- Google Fonts: Making it quick and easy for everyone to use web-fonts.
- Font Squirrel: 100% free fonts for commercial use.
- 1001 Free Fonts: Free fonts for personal use.
- Font Awesome: Gives you scalable vector icons that can instantly be customized — size, color, drop shadow, and anything that can be done with the power of CSS.
- Type Genius: Find the perfect font combo for your next project.
- Piktochart: Easy-to-use infographic creator.
- Canva: Create designs for Web or print, Canva makes design simple for everyone.
- Infogram: Create charts and infographics in 3 easy steps.
- Hipster Logo Generator: Easily design cool hipster logos.
- Pixlr: Make moments beautiful wherever you are and whenever inspiration strikes both online and offline.
- Place It: Fancy mockups & demo videos.
- Recite This: Create cool quotes.
- Material Palette: Easily design color templates that match the style you want.
- Design Seeds: Discover which colors match with each other to create cool designs.
- Adobe Color Wheel: Easy way to find with colors can be paired with the one you want.
- Pic Monkey: Creative tools for photo editing and graphic design.
- Animoto: Make great videos easily.
- Go Animate: Make professional animated videos
- Pow Toon: Create animated videos and presentations for free.
- Wideo: Make professional videos in minutes.
- Moovly: Create animated videos like a pro.
- Giphy: Find the right giphy to express exactly what you want to say.
- Visually: Get inspired by the best in visual content.
- Visualize.me: Create your infographic resume for free.
- Easelly: Create and share visual ideas.
- Venngage: Make beautiful infographics for free.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 10″]
- Grammarly: Helps you write mistake-free in Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn, and nearly anywhere else you write on the Web.
- Thesaurus: Find the word that describes the best what you want to say without being repetitive.
- Dictionary: Easy to use and a fast dictionary.
- Liber.io: Make eBooks. Really simple. Right from anywhere.
- Zen Pen: It’s is a clean and simple writing zone, made by Tim Holman (@twholman), to get you into that zone, where you can focus on the writing.
- 50 Tools to Help You Write Better: Check out this Lifehack post on how to improve your writing.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 11″]
SHARING & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Stumble Upon: The easiest way to find cool new websites, videos, photos, and images from across the Web.
- Twitter: Online social networking service that enables users to send and read short 140-character messages called “tweets.”
- Tweetdeck: Is your personal browser for staying in touch with what’s happening on Twitter.
- Bit.ly: Shorten your links, control your brand, and capture your data.
- Goo.gl: Shorten, share, and track your shortened URLs.
- Buffer: The easiest way to publish on social media.
- Pinterest: Discover and share creative ideas.
- Instagram: It’s a fast, beautiful and fun way to share your life with friends and family.
- Vimeo: It’s a video-sharing website in which users can upload, share, and view videos.
- YouTube: Host user-generated videos.
- Linkedin: Build and engage with your professional network.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 12″]
TRAFFIC GENERATION & PERFORMANCE TRACKING
- Get Site Control: All must-have widgets for your website with an awesome design.
- Sumome: Tools to grow your website’s traffic.
- Nibbler: Test any website.
- Klout: Be known for what you love.
- Google Developers – Pages: Make your web pages fast on all devices.
- MOZ Guide to SEO: A comprehensive information you need to get on the road to professional quality Search Engine Optimization, or SEO.
- Hello Bar: Capture leads, opt-ins, and grab visitors’ attention.
- Google Analytics: Turning data insights into action.
- Disqus: Discover great discussions or create your own.
- Compressor: Compress your images to make your site run faster.
- Pingdom: Enter a URL to test the load time of that page, analyze it and find the bottlenecks
- GT Metrix: Helps you develop a faster, more efficient, and all-around improved website experience for your users.
- Alexa: Actionable analytics for the web.
- Quicksprout: traffic generation analysis and tools.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 13″]
- Develop Your Personal Brand: A workbook created by PWC that guides through the process of building your personal brand.
- Social Triggers: Proven scripts that you can use in business and life.
- 29 Free Marketing Tools: An article on more marketing tools to help you develop and deliver a successful campaign.
- Autosend: See what your customers are doing on your website.
- Picreel: Powerful conversion rate optimization software.
- Optimizely: An optimization platform for websites and mobile apps.
- Tropical: Know your customers and increase customer satisfaction.
- Mailchimp: Send a better email.
- Aweber: Easy email marketing tools that allow you to send awesome emails.
- Buffer – Blog: Thoughts on sharing, creating, analyzing, and converting with social media.
- Content Marketing Institute – Blog: A site full of practical, how-to guidance.
- Quick Sprout – Blog: Neil Patel shares useful content on how deliver a success campaign that increases your traffic and revenue.
- Raven Tools – Blog: The #1 source for internet marketing agencies.
- Hubspot: Inbound marketing and sales software tools.
- Simply Measured: Free social media analytics tools.
- Think With Google: Compelling data. Big ideas. Creative juice. Put Google research and insight behind your thinking.
- About – Marketing: Stay updated with all the new trends in marketing.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 14″]
- Timeline Js: Easy to create, easy to embed. Timeline Js is used by world-class organizations to deliver their content
- Dipity: It’s a free digital timeline website.
- Tiki Toki: An interactive and engaging way to present timelines.
- Prezi: A cloud-based, software system that allows you to create exciting presentations.
- Haiku Deck Zuru: Instant presentations, powered by artificial intelligence.
- Slideshare: Upload and share publicly or privately PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, and Adobe PDF Portfolios.
- Issuu: It’s a digital publishing platform that makes it simple to publish magazines, catalogs, newspapers, books, and more online.
- Slide Rocket: help you make great presentations that engage your audience and deliver tangible results.
- Emaze: Create amazing presentations.
- Powerpoint: Build the story, present with clarity and conviction, and move forward faster.
- Keynote: Your presentation. Totally decked out.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 15″]
- Mindtools: Essential skills for an excellent career.
- Resume up: Choose from a variety of outstanding resume templates.
- Visualize.me: Create your infographic resume for free.
- About – Human Resources: Everything you need to know to manage yourself and your team.
- Business Balls: It’s a free ethical learning and development resource for people and organizations, run by Alan Chapman, in Leicester, England.
- Startus: search for jobs and founder opportunities in startups across Europe.
- Devex: search for opportunities in the area of international development.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 16″]
- School of Life: All about wisdom, emotional intelligence, and self-understanding.
- TEDx Talks: It’s an international community that organizes TED-style events anywhere and everywhere — celebrating locally-driven ideas and elevating them to a global stage.
- Soul Pancake: We make stuff that makes you think, laugh, and cry.
- The Infographic Show: Focuses on making infographic videos, made in a fun and entertaining way.
- Royal Society of Arts: It’s a non-profit organization working to meet 21st-century challenges by showcasing ideas, undertaking innovative research, and building civic capacity around the world.
- THNKR: Gives you extraordinary access to the people, stories, ideas that will change your mind.
- Zeitgeist: Zeitgeist events are a series of intimate gatherings of top global thinkers and leaders. ZeitgeistMinds is a collection of inspiring videos from these events.
- Derek Halpern: Videos about psychology, marketing, and human behavior to help you thrive in today’s marketplace.
- Devin Super Tramp: Devin takes every day exciting activities to the limit and then films them in high definition for all of us to see.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 17″]
- AirBnB: Rent unique places to stay from local hosts in 190+ countries.
- Couch Surfing: Travel by staying and sharing with locals.
- Airfare Watch Dog: Type the city where you want to fly from and they send you an email every day with the best travel deals from there. Sorry guys, it only works in the USA.
- Hostel World: is the world’s number one hostel booking website.
- Ryan Air: Low-cost European airline.
- Wizz Air: Low-cost European airline.
- Jet Blue: Low-cost airline serving the United States.
- Air Asia: Low-cost airline from Malaysia serving mainly South-East Asia.
- Polskibus: Low-cost bus travel to and from Poland.
- Flixbus: Low-cost bus travel to and around Germany.
- Student Agency: Low-cost bus travel to and around the Czech Republic.
- Megabus: Low-cost bus travel servicing the United States and the UK.
[mks_tab_item title=”Tab 18″]
BLOGS & MAGAZINES WORTH CHECKING OUT
- Chris Guillebeau: You don’t have to live your life the way others expect.
- Chris Brogan: Use media and community to earn customers.
- Good Men Project: The conversation no one else is having.
- Smart Passive Income: Tips and advice on how to build a passive income business and more.
- Arina Nikitina: Combining the latest psychological discoveries, self-improvement theory, and ancient Vedic knowledge.
- Positivity Blog: Happiness & awesomeness, tips that work in real life.
- Zen Habits: It’s about finding simplicity in the daily chaos of our lives.
- Art of Manliness: A blog dedicated to uncovering the lost art of being a man.
- Rock Your Day: Stop settling for less. Start changing your life.
- Marc & Angel: Practical tips for productive living.
- Thought Catalog: A website dedicated to your stories and ideas.
- Penelope Trunk: Advice at the intersection of work and life.
- INC Magazine: Founded in 1979 and based in New York City, is a monthly publication focused on growing companies.
- Entrepreneur: It’s the premier source for everything small business.
- Startus Magazine: Virtual magazine for startup entrepreneurs.
- Foundr: It’s a magazine dedicated to publishing stories meant to inspire readers, and challenge perceptions of business and the world at large.
- Harvard Business Review: The bridge between academia and enterprises.
- Fast Company: A dedicated to reporting about how the “fast companies“; entrepreneurs, and cutting-edge are doing what they do.
It’s with great excitement that I have put together this library of links. I’m sure that they will help you deliver on your projects and goals. If you find it useful, please make sure to share it with your friends or share your thoughts in the comments below. I also recommend you to bookmark this post so you can come back to it as I continue to develop it.